Lance was born and raised in SW Louisiana. After he and college sweetheart Michelle graduated from college in 1993 (Lance: B.S. Math Education; Michelle: B.S. Social Work), they were married. The Lord blessed them with two Louisianian daughters, Michaela and McKenzie. In 2001, the family moved to Texas, and eventually God blessed them with two Texan daughters, Kelsey and Karis, who get along well with the Louisianian ones. Lance has served on pastoral staff with churches in Louisiana and Texas, and he loves to preach and teach God's word to 7th-12th grade students (which includes daughter #4) and adults. He also loves to hike with his family in rocky terrains where there is no poison ivy. In 2008, Lance graduated from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (M.Div.), and he has been on staff at Dogwood Hills since March 2016.
- Left to Right: Karis, McKenzie, Michaela, Kelsey
- Michaela (2nd from right) graduated from Louisiana College (now LA Christian University) with a degree in Exercise Sports Science and an MBA and is employed there in the Admissions Department. She's married to Clay Jordan, a fireman in Alexandria, LA, and they have a baby named Emmalynn.
- McKenzie (2nd from left) also graduated from LCU with a degree in Missions and Ministries and spends her days working on a couple books and songwriting. She's also a part of our worship team at Dogwood Hills.
- Kelsey (far right) graduated high school and volunteers most work days at Hope Station since she feels called to work with the poor. She enjoys drawing and sewing.
- Karis (far left) is our bubbly youngest high school daughter with an almost never-ending smile. She is way into high school band and is especially enthusiastic about marching season.